Ravenscroft practice begins tonight. It seems I just finished one show and start another. Well, that's life, and how I live it.
I got Eric out of the house and we went to the mall. He ACTUALLY sat through an hour of shopping for jeans for me. How nice of him :] Then we went to Steak n. Shake. Since that's his favorite place, I let him pick and I paid since he so patiently waited outside of Rue21's dressing room while pair after pair of jeans were tossed and discarded until the perfect pair sought out.
Well, then I went to his hockey game. And sat with his mom. For an hour and a half.
Not meaning to make it sound like torture at all. I like his mom. We got to talk for a while and I think she likes me. I told her how wonderful of a son she has and that he shows nothing but respect for me.
Thanksgiving Break, finally. To sleep in for once, how nice it will be, and then the Foundation Charity basketball game tomorrow... I look forward to it.
I wish the weather would make up it's mind. One day it snows and looks like a winter wonderland, the next day it rains and mud cakes the soles of my shoes. I think Mozart's Symphony 40 in G major perfectly fits the day: It's got high parts that seem almost joyful, such as when it snowed today, or the fact that today is the last day of the school week, but as the song was written after the death of Mozart's young child, it is a dreary song (though it is composed well) as today is. Dreary all together with some high parts. A sad day, it is.
The situation with my friend is resolved. He doesn't realize his position as a citadel of strength and a Christ-witness to me. The thing with Eric, though, I am still not sure about. He pretty much beat-around-the-bush told me that he wants to say I love you, but I kind of told him that I thought it was too early (It's only been a month and a half) and that I didn't want to hurt his feelings because simply I don't feel the same way. Yes, I really like him a lot, but am I patient and kind, not envious or boastful, humble, polite, selfless, tolerant and forgiving, enduring all things, believing and bearing all things, never failing him?* Of course not. I'm fifteen and this is just a boyfriend that I've had less than two months. So I don't want to lie to him just because he feels that way about me.
So as for that situation, I am sorry that I may have hurt his feelings, but better to be hurt by the truth than pleased with a lie.
* (Referencing 1 Corinthians 13:4-7)
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i like the little reference thing! one of my fave bible passages!(other than i can do all things thur christ who strengthens me!-phillipians 4:13) haha how sweet of him to wait....and wait....and wait while you tried on jeans! i really hope i can meet him soon!!!XOXO
Post a Comment