Friday, January 9, 2009

Snow, Snow, When are you falling?

(The great A Cappella song sang last year)
Of course, over the weekend where my itinerary WAS full.

Planned:
Tonight
- Home Basketball game against FREMONT 7 pm (CANCELLED)
- Taco Bell after the game 10 pm (CANCELLED)
- Hanging out at someone's house (probably mine) after that 11pm (CANCELLED)

Saturday
- Dance Rehearsal 10 am
- Leave for Firelands Challenge in Toledo 11:30 am
-funness in Toledo, Chipotle-
- Basketball game 7 pm

Sunday
- Church 7:30 am
- Work 11-2 pm
- Band Concert 3pm
- Lifeteen 5-8 pm

But nooo.... the snow is coming during the weekend. When we already don't have school. Bahh.

My aunt and uncle are out of town, in West Virginia to be exact. They didn't understand why I got home so late (3:40, I usually get home around 3:20) and got mad (even though they were not even in the state) and yelled (pointless). Sorry I can't help it if we had to drop someone else off first and it takes a good amount of time to drive in these conditions. Sorry if it's not snowing in WV.

Which got me to thinking, subconsciously, I was looking forward to this weekend. My Aunt Becky is staying with me at night. She lets me hang out with whoever I want and whenever I want. I was looking forward to not hearing my aunt complain about everything and nag and nag. I didn't even realize that my past week has been spent trying to make perfect plans for this weekend, and the snow screwed them up. Maybe, maybe I'm crazy, but maybe God is telling me that I need to quit that, stop trying to make everything fit into time slots ever so carefully. Maybe I shouldn't be so concerned about getting in every possible social event when I have the chance. I'm not saying next Friday I'm staying home. Heck...no. But maybe I shouldn't be so concerned about spending time with my friends, and instead spend more time with my family. Spending time with Aunt Becky instead of going to the game has been fun tonight. Maybe if I spent more time with Aunt Mary and Uncle Dan, we could get along better, especially Aunt Mary and I. Maybe then she could start seeing things from my point of view and vice versa, like we have been nagging each other about the lack thereof.

Anyway, I'm sleepy.

1 comment:

Little Mary said...

;-( me sorry all your fun was cancelled! poor kellbell! i will see you at lifeteen....that had better NOT be cancelled!